Since 2019 the University of Pennsylvania has been an official observer to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). As the leading body on campus, the Kleinman Center for Energy Policy serves as the key focal point for all UNFCCC news and meeting information.
Due to the pandemic, COP 26 has been postponed until November 1-12, 2021. In the meantime, the UNFCCC is still taking urgent action and holding a series of virtual regional and multi-lateral meetings.
UNFCCC / COP News
- Call for Inputs by the Katowice Committee of Experts on the Impact of the Implementation of Response Measures (August 6, 2020)
- Invitation to the Online Platform on Sustainable and Resilient Recovery from COVID 19 (July 6, 2020)
- Message to Parties and Observers: Postponement of SBs 52 (June 22, 2020)
- Information Note: Call for Input to the SCF Forum (June 22, 2020)
- June Momentum Live Broadcast and Request for Questions (May 28, 2020)
- Information Regarding New Dates for COP 26 (May 28, 2020)
If your work is energy or climate related, and you are interested in receiving updates about UNFCCC proceedings and announcements, please sign up below.