WE EXPLORE CRITICAL ISSUES and address challenges that have regional, national, and global implications. Our growing body of academic research is informed by regular conversations with scholars, industry leaders, and policy makers—who help shed light on today's most urgent research questions.
About Our Grants
Each year, the Kleinman Center for Energy Policy awards grants ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 to support new research or supplement existing research. To date, we have distributed 43 research grants in Engineering, Design, Arts and Sciences, Law, and Wharton. This year, we gave over $134,000 in funding to Penn faculty, postdocs, and doctoral students for research projects in the areas of energy and climate policy.
This year, we are seeking requests for proposals from Penn faculty, postdocs, and doctoral students for research projects in the areas of energy and climate policy that can leverage research at Penn and support the advancement of our mission. Preference will be given to research on the following topics:
- Smart Cities
- Developing Renewable Energy Infrastructure
- Distributed Solar Generation
- Implementing Sustainable Development Goal # 7
- Effectiveness of Climate Adaption Policies
- Electrification of the Transportation Sector
- Cyber-Security and Utilization of Blockchain in the Energy Sector
- Stranded Assets and the Green New Deal
- Pennsylvania Energy Topics
More information about these topics and application instructions can be found here.
Application Deadline: May 10