WE EXPLORE CRITICAL ISSUES and address challenges that have regional, national, and global implications. Our growing body of academic research is informed by regular conversations with scholars, industry leaders, and policy makers—who help shed light on today's most urgent research questions.
About Our Grants
Each year, the Kleinman Center for Energy Policy awards grants ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 to support new research or supplement existing research.
Call for Grants
This year, we are seeking requests for proposals from Penn faculty, postdocs, and doctoral students for research projects in the areas of energy and climate policy that can leverage research at Penn and support the advancement of our mission. Preference will be given to research on the following topics:
- Effect of COVID-19 on Energy Transition
- Net Zero Policies and Offsets
- Natural Gas Connection Bans
- Expediting Renewable Energy Infrastructure Approval
- Sustainable Finance
- Internet of Things and Data Center Energy Usage
- Economic and Climate Damage from Wildfires
- Rare Earth Supply Chains
- Energy Access in the Developing World
Read more about the application requirements and expanded decriptions of the research topic.
For questions regarding applications to the research grants program, please email Angela Pachon. Applications must be sent to Angela by Friday, May 29th, 2020.