Student Communications Assistant
The Kleinman Center is looking for an undergraduate student who can assist our communications team during the Spring 2020 term. This job can also extend into the summer months, if there is interest.
The primary role of the Student Communications Assistant is to help support the Kleinman Center's website redesign, by preparing and organizing content for the new site—with an eye on ensuring that content that is accessible to audiences with disabilities.
Specific Job Tasks
- Assisting with a website content audit
- Learning about ADA web compliance and creating accessible content
- Writing ALT tags for images on the site (similar to writing image captions)
- Creating transcripts of our audio podcast episodes (approximately 70 half-hour segments)
- Researching and updating our mailing list entries (for our newsletter)
Skills and Qualifications
An ideal candidate will have strong editing and writing skills and meticulous organization skills. Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and web authoring tools. An interest in energy policy is not a requirement, but would make the job more meaningful.
House and Pay
Candidates may work remotely, but initially must commit to a regular, weekly, in-person meeting. Ideally, candidates will be able to commit 10-20 hours per week. This is a paid position.
Please email a resume and writing sample to Communications Coordinator Mollie Simon: email@example.com.