President’s Climate Action Senior Fellow
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Office of Sustainability is currently accepting applications for the position of President’s Climate Action Senior Fellow. This position will assist the Director of Sustainability to implement the newly established Carbon Charge and to help Swarthmore fulfill its commitment to achieving carbon neutrality by 2035. In February 2016 the Swarthmore Board of Managers approved a new Carbon Charge that is intended to put an internal price on carbon and help finance projects that will reduce emissions. This position will provide support on all aspects of implementing this new program and assist with collaborative efforts with other colleges and universities to share this model of institutional carbon pricing. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and social sustainability and climate protection through previous work, volunteer experience, and/or academic experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication, data compilation and analysis, and organizational skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience with climate protection related topic areas including buildings, greenhouse gas inventories, carbon offsets, renewable energy credits, carbon pricing, energy efficiency, renewable energy, transportations, etc.
- Familiarity with Swarthmore’s administrative structures and policies.
This position is a 1-year limited term assignment.
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, canidates should submit an application here.