Moving America Forward
- Raymond P. MartinezAdministratorFederal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Leslie RichardsSecretaryPennsylvania Department of Transportation
On October 24-25, 2018 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Mobility21 U.S. DoT National University Transportation Center, in partnership with the PRECISE Center, at the University of Pennsylvania will be hosting a two-day event entitled “Moving America Forward: Next Generation of Truck Freight Transport Summit.” Top experts from government, companies, and academia, in the goods movement industry, will be giving presentations and hosting discussions about the challenges and opportunities in implementing infrastructure changes and commercializing trucking technologies (e.g., self-driving systems, alternative fuels and power trains, digitization, and structural changes) in the near future.
- Raymond P. Martinez, Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Leslie Richards, Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
A full list of the presenters and panelists is available on the PRECISE website. Attendees will include truck OEMs, tech developers, toll road developers, online retailers, investment bankers, shippers, logistics operators, academia, government officials and transportation regulators.
The agenda includes topics such as:
- Automation, Vehicle Connectivity & Platooning
- Electrification & Fueling Future Freight
- Financing Interstate 2.0
- Digitization in Logistics and Supply Chain
- Logistics of the Last Mile
- Employment & Environmental Impacts
- Freight Transportation Market and Pilot Studies of A New Operating Model/Platform for Dedicated, High-Speed Lanes