The Moment to Get Cities Right: Inside Habitat III
For more information, please contact:
PennIUR | email@example.com
- Genie BirchCo-DirectorPennIUR
- Tom DallessioPresident, CEO, & PublisherNext City
- Ian KlausPerry World House Visiting Fellow, Former Senior Advisor for Global CitiesU.S. Department of State
- Justin ScheidDeputy DirectorUS Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Sarah WuDeputy DirectorOffice of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
Join Penn IUR, Perry World House, Kleinman Center for Energy Policy, and Next City for a launch of the documentary, "The Moment to Get Cities Right: Inside Habitat III, the Urbanization Summit of a Generation," which was shot over the course of the four-day Habitat III conference in Quito, Ecuador.
The film tells a remarkable story of how urban leaders from around the globe are coming together to solve our planet’s most pressing problems. Co-produced by the Lincoln Institute and Next City with videography by Meerkat Media, it offers an inside look at a movement that is more important than ever before. Following the film, Next City President, CEO, & Publisher Tom Dallessio will lead a conversation about how best to implement all the follow-up to Habitat III, including the blueprint adopted at the summit, called the New Urban Agenda, as well as Sustainable Development Goals related to urbanization.
Panelists include Mark Alan Hughes, Kleinman Center Faculty Director; Ian Klaus, Perry World House Visiting Fellow, Former Senior Advisor for Global Cities, U.S. Department of State; and Sarah Wu, Deputy Director, Office of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia.
We will conclude the event with a reception.