FUND YOUR BIG IDEA with a Kleinman student grant. Grants are offered four times per year in the spring, summer, fall, and winter, and are open to individual students as well as student groups.
What We Fund
- Research. Get the resources you need for research.
- Travel. Fund travel to a conference or event.**
- Internships. Unpaid internship? Apply for a stipend.
- Events. Organize an event on-campus or beyond.
- Projects. Launch a new project with the supplies you need.
- Other. We welcome your energy policy idea. Tell us about it.
The application period for SUMMER 2017 is NOW CLOSED. The deadline for SUMMER 2017 applications was April 15, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed four times per year following these submission deadlines:
- Spring 2017: February 1st
- Summer 2017: April 15th
- Fall 2017: October 1st
- Winter 2017: December 1st
Applicants will be notified of funding decisions within 15 days of the submission deadline.
Please carefully review the following grant policies BEFORE submitting a funding request:
- All grants must be prospective. Expenses incurred prior to funding approval will not be reimbursed.
- If you are requesting funds for reimbursement of out-of-pocket travel expenses, you may only be eligible to receive a taxable award.
- Funding decisions are based on funding availability, student eligibility, completeness of application, and energy policy relevance.
- Grants are available to students at the University of Pennsylvania only. Students must be in good academic and financial standing with the University.
- Students are eligible to receive one grant per academic year.
- International travel related to a Kleinman Center grant must be registered with the Global Activites Registry (GAR): https://global.upenn.edu/gar
NOTE: Penn requires advanced approval for undergraduates traveling to regions on Penn’s list of heightened risk regions. You can find the list and the policy here: http://global.upenn.edu/global-resources/travel-safety. If you are traveling to a heightened risk region, please seek approval prior to submitting a grant request.
- Requests for grants to support opportunities offered by other organizations are contingent upon meeting all related policies and requirements.
To apply, complete the application form below with all requested information: