Summer Intern for Renewable Energy and Environmental Finance
Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. A leader in reducing its own greenhouse gas emissions and building sustainably, Wells Fargo has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Center for Corporate Climate Leadership, the Carbon Disclosure Project and the U.S. Green Building Council. Since 2005, Wells Fargo has provided more than $52 billion in environmental finance, supporting sustainable buildings and renewable energy projects nationwide. This includes investments in more than 300 solar projects and 48 wind projects that have generated 103 terra-watt hours of electricity to date, enough to power 9.4 million American homes for one year and displace the release of 57 million metric tons of CO2e, equivalent to the CO2e released by 6.5 billion gallons of gasoline or 62 billion pounds of coal.
Wells Fargo's Renewable Energy and Environmental Finance team in San Francisco has invested over $4 billion in renewable energy projects since 2007. They are a highly collaborative group focused on originating, structuring, and executing solar and wind transactions. As a tax equity provider, they make equity investments in renewable energy projects and monetize the state and federal tax credits.
They are looking for a highly capable, analytical, proactive individual to help support their rapidly developing renewable energy business. The summer analyst will have a wide range of responsibilities and unparalleled opportunities to develop financial skills, get broad exposure to the solar and wind market, and learn from industry experts.
- Draft credit memoranda to help obtain approvals to finance new projects.
- Assist in project diligence, including reviewing project contracts to identify key risks.
- Develop cash flow modelling skills and quantitatively analyze risk/return profiles of proposed projects.
- Support portfolio management, including reviewing the performance of our existing projects.
- Assist in internal process improvements and database implementation.
- Current juniors (class of 2017), seniors (class of 2016), or Master’s students (experience level is flexible).
- Passionate about the environment and renewable energy.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and capable. Demonstrates a high level of initiative, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks to effectively manage competing deadlines.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated capacity to communicate complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Enthusiasm for solving problems and working through complex issues.
- Eagerness to learn and develop financial skills.