Summer Intern Environmental
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, they create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Their retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
NRG is the new name for the electric generating company formerly known as Houston Lighting & Power Company. NRG has a facility in Baytown, the EcoCenter, which is used as a wetland plant nursery, and community outreach facility. We also support power plant environmental activities.
For students interested in wetland habitat restoration, community outreach, and environmental education! NRG Energy is seeking candidates with a career interest in ecology and need field experience for career development.
- Mowing with tractors and commercial mowers
- Heavy lifting
- Weeding and planting wetland plants in earthen and above ground ponds
- Extended periods of time spent in and around wetlands
- Janitorial duties at the EcoCenter
- Work with public and natural resource agency personnel on restoration projects
- Boat operation and maintenance
- Truck and trailer operation
- Environmental events (typically Saturdays)
- Public speaking
Power Plant Assistance
- Alligator surveys (night time)
- Fishery surveys
- Field surveys
- Aquatic vegetation surveys
- Bird surveys
- Permit applications
- Biodiversity Plans
- Sustainability reports
- Must be current enrolled, in the Jr, Sr, or grad classification
- Must be majoring in an Environmental discipline.