Summer College Intern - NextEra M&A Corporate Finance
THE ORGANIZATION:NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Participation in the 2016 NextEra Summer Internship program offers students the opportunity to be provided mentoring and practical hands-on experience in a hands-on environment, as well as the ability to work on active projects. NextEra Gas Infrastructure (GI) team is responsible for investments in Upstream, Midstream and Pipelines businesses in the Oil and Gas industry.
M&A Corporate Finance team is responsible for evaluation of acquisitions and green field projects including deal valuation, structuring deals, due diligence, integration and execution of deals through M&A process for the Gas Infrastructure team. The M&A team is also responsible for GI strategy, competitive analysis and market research
Under direct supervision, the GI Summer Intern will provide support in the overall M&A evaluation process for Upstream, Midstream and Pipeline assets.
- Evaluation of acquisition or green field development projects.
- Accurately prepare financial models to analyze and value potential investments and transactions. Due diligence of acquisition opportunities.
- Comprehend, analyze, frame and resolve complex analytical problems; and communicate key project risks to the senior management.
- Proactively generate competitive analysis and market research.
- Partner with cross functional teams and coordinate with SMEs to evaluate and execute M&A deals.
- Participate in ad hoc / special projects / report development / financial modeling.
- Analytical and quantitative skills with proficiency in developing financial models and analyzing financial statements.
- Previous exposure to M&A transactions.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written).
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student in a bachelor’s degree program OR graduate program. Finance/Economics or business related degree required. Previous internship experience highly desired.
- Have a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA.
- Available to work a 40-hour week