Senior Research Analyst
Organization: IHS Markit Department: North American Power Location: Other
Type: Job Compensation: Paid
The position requires a strong analyst with at least 3 years of experience in North American electric power markets. The Senior Research Analyst is expected to support IHS Markit Chief Power Strategist in producing presentation packages, research reports, and in consulting project sales and delivery. The analyst is also expected to work with members of the North American power team on various power research and consulting projects.
- Under the direction of Chief Power Strategist, conduct power-related research and analysis, produce charts and tables for presentations and reports, and draft research reports.
- Participate in consulting project development and delivery.
- Collaborate with power team members across power topics.
Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics or industry-related field required. Graduate degree a plus.
At least 3 years of power-related experience typically acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience in using quantitative methods and data analysis to derive research insights and messages.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to enable communication and collaboration with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and to navigate in a matrix organization.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).