The Kleinman Center is looking for a graduate or undergraduate Research Assistant for the 2016/2017 academic year. The Research assistant will report to the Center’s Research Director and will assist in the preparation of the Center’s research materials (papers and digests) that will be posted on the Center’s website.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and summarize academic research as well as press and blog material
- Collect and analyze data
- Assist the Center’s Research Director in the development of written materials for Center’s online publications, including digests and/or reports
- Perform various editorial duties: drafting, reviewing and editing materials for posting
The Research Assistant must commit to a regular, weekly meeting with the Research Director and approximately 10 to 20 hours/week to the duties outlined above. This is a paid position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills
- Interest on energy policy, prior work experience in the energy sector will be appreciated, but not be required.
- Good EXCEL skills required. Knowledge of statistical packages is a plus.
To apply, please send the following information by October 15th 2016 to Research Director, Angela Pachon firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writing sample
- Email introduction, including any relevant data analysis or experience with Excel (either academic or professional)