The Kleinman Center is looking for a graduate or undergraduate student research assistant for Spring 2016. The position begins immediately and will continue through the end of May, with the potential to be extended during the summer months. The research assistant will report directly to the Center's Research Director and will assist with the preparation of research materials (papers and short digests), which will be posted on the Center's website and distributed to various interest groups.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review and summarize academic research, press releases and blog posts
- Collect and analyze data for reports
- Perform various editorial duties, including: draft, review and edit materials for publication
- Interview faculty as required: prepare questions, conduct interviews, create summary reports
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate
In addition to having a strong interest in energy policy, an ideal candidate will be detail oriented with exceptional writing and analytical skills, including demonstrated proficiency with Excel. Prior relevant work experience is appreciated, but not required.
Candidates may work remotely, but must commit to a regular, weekly, in-person or skype meeting. Ideally, candidates will be able to commit 10-20 hours/week to the duties outlined above. This is a paid position.
- Writing sample
- Email introduction, including any relevant data analysis or experience with Excel (either academic or professional)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until a candidate is selected.