Public Affairs Intern
The Public Affairs Intern will be a member of the Public and Government Affairs (P&GA) team and manage a specific project portfolio. This position is responsible for supporting the ongoing development and effective application of internal and external communications for the corporation and relevant business functions. The intern will work with all areas of expertise within P&GA including media, advertising, issue advocacy and management, government relations, corporate citizenship and community investment, and operations. In each of these areas, a premium is placed on strong writing skills, and interns will be given the opportunity to compose substantive written analysis and communications products throughout their internship.
- Advise and develop day-to-day internal and external communications plans for the corporation and/or functional company to meet the specific objectives of the business.
- Support speech drafting for business executives.
- Support internal communications through a variety of mediums (employee forums, mass emails, video production, intranet sites, publications, etc.).
- Provide external communications support to achieve functional business objectives (e.g., digital media, fact sheets, pamphlets, other communications materials that position the various businesses' key messages).
- Support corporate citizenship program activities related to the supported business line’s areas of operation.
- Ensure that an integrated approach is considered for all communications, with consistency across all audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communications (ability to understand and communicate complex issues)
- Solid understanding of AP Style
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; current enrollment in a related graduate program at a top-tier institution preferred; journalism background especially valued
- Previous full-time employment in a public affairs capacity or extensive public affairs-related internship experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Varied communications experience including writing, editing, graphic design, and electronic and print media
After completing the online application, please submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples (2-5 pages preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org