Organization: Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) Location: Philadelphia
Type: Job Timeframe: Summer Compensation: Paid Level: Graduate, Level: Undergraduate Internship Link
The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(6) corporation dedicated to promoting the energy efficiency and renewable energy industries in Pennsylvania. KEEA advocates on behalf of energy efficiency and renewable energy professionals on the local, state, and federal levels. By representing the interests of the clean energy industry in Pennsylvania, KEEA is expanding the market for energy efficiency and helping the Keystone State secure a prosperous, sustainable tomorrow.
KEEA works along with its 501(c)(3) sister organization, the KEEA Energy Education Fund (KEEF) with the mission to increase the energy efficiency of Pennsylvania’s buildings through advocacy, education, and training.
KEEA & KEEF have an ambitious energy policy agenda to modernize utilities and energy markets in Pennsylvania. We have shown tremendous entrepreneurial growth over the last several years and now seek additional team members to help us take the next steps.
The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) and KEEA Energy Education Fund are soliciting applications for a full-time Programs Associate.
The Programs Associate is responsible for managing all three major programs:
- Membership– First and foremost, KEEA is an association of energy business with a stake in Pennsylvania’s advanced energy economy. The Programs Associate drives KEEA’s membership efforts including: retention (membership renewal), acquisition (marketing membership), and coordination of regular membership activities (e.g. webinars, in-person events, monthly newsletters).
- Annual Conference– For the past five years, KEEA has hosted an annual energy policy conference in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. With over 200 attendees and nationally-recognized speakers, this event is central to communicating KEEA’s leadership in the field. The Programs Associate is responsible for managing all aspects of the planning process, from initial budget drafts to day-of execution.
- Schools Award Program– For the past four years, KEEF has hosted the Moving to the Head of the Class Award program to recognize Pennsylvania schools that are saving money and energy for their districts. The Programs Associate is responsible for outreach to potential applicants, coordinating the panel of expert judges, and planning the award ceremony at the Capitol in Harrisburg.
On an ongoing basis, s/he is also responsible for:
- Ad hoc event management
- Website content and updates
- Supporting Board development
- Supporting fundraising strategy
- Supporting accounting efforts
- Two to five years’ professional experience preferred
- Propensity for creative problem solving and ability to work well independently
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster and grow relationships with partners
- Flexibility to wear multiple hats in an entrepreneurial organization
- Proficient in email marketing, social media, website management
- Demonstrated interest and/or familiarity in energy and public policy preferred
KEEA offers a competitive salary based on experience. Generous benefits package includes health insurance, retirement, and vacation.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.