Policy Research Assistant
The Kleinman Center is seeking a graduate student research assistant for Fall 2016. The position begins October 3rd and will continue through December 22, with the potential to be extended during the 2016-2017 academic year. The research assistant will report directly to the Center's Director of Policy and External Affairs and will assist with the preparation of policy research materials (papers and short digests), which will be posted on the Center's website and distributed to various interest groups.
The specific issues to be examined include but are not limited to:
- Federal and state regulatory initiatives affecting the integration of battery storage in U.S. electric transmission and distribution systems
- The economics and financing of battery storage systems in energy markets and distribution systems
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Developing narrative case studies of energy storage projects
- Identify, collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data for reports
- Assisting the Center’s Director of Policy and External Affairs and Senior Fellow in the development of written materials for Center’s online publications, including blog entries, digests and/or reports
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate
The idea candidate will have a strong interest in energy policy, energy-related technologies, finance, and/or business.
The candidate must be detail oriented with exceptional writing and analytical skills. Prior work experience in the energy sector is appreciated, but not required.
Candidates may work remotely, but must commit to a regular, weekly, in-person or skype meeting. Ideally, candidates will be able to commit 10-20 hours/week to the duties outlined above. This is a paid position.
To apply, please send the following to Director of Policy and External Affairs, Christina Simeone (email@example.com):
- Writing sample
- Email introduction, including any relevant data analysis or experience with Excel (either academic or professional)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until a candidate is selected.