Job Opening – Policy Director Job
Title: Policy Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: October 21, 2016
Organization Description: The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) is a non-profit, taxexempt 501(c)(6) corporation dedicated to promoting the energy efficiency and renewable energy industries in Pennsylvania. KEEA advocates on behalf of energy efficiency professionals on the local, state, and federal levels. By representing the interests of the advanced energy industry in Pennsylvania, KEEA is expanding the market for energy efficiency and helping the Keystone State secure a prosperous, sustainable tomorrow.
KEEA works along with its 501(c)(3) sister organization, the KEEA Energy Education Fund (KEEF) with the mission to increase the energy efficiency of Pennsylvania’s buildings through advocacy, education, and training.
KEEA & KEEF have an ambitious energy policy agenda to modernize utilities and energy markets in Pennsylvania. We have shown tremendous entrepreneurial growth over the last several years and now seek additional team members to help us take the next steps.
Position Summary: The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA) and KEEA Energy Education Fund are soliciting applications for a full-time Policy Director.
The Policy Director is responsible for managing and executing a strategy to promote and defend Pennsylvania’s energy efficiency policies by working with legislators, the Governor, and relevant state agencies.
●With the Executive Director, develop an ambitious legislative policy agenda and strategy
● Monitor and analyze legislation related to energy efficiency
● Proactively identify and pursue new policy opportunities
● With partners and internal and external experts, write testimony, legislation, and analyses
● Develop relationships with legislators, the Governor’s office, and state agencies
● Testify in various forums in favor of or in opposition to policy relevant to energy efficiency
● Collaborate with KEEA’s member businesses and engage them in advocacy
● Build and manage coalitions comprised of local, state, and national stakeholders
● Communicate effectively about policy implications to diverse audiences through varied outlets
● Organize strategic events, including legislative briefings, lobby days, and in-district events
● Coordinate closely with Policy Counsel on KEEA’s regulatory work and strategy
● Manage 1-2 staff
● Represent KEEA at conference and other public speaking opportunities
● Work with entire team on fundraising priorities, administrative responsibilities, membership growth and development, and annual conference planning
● Frequent travel to Harrisburg and other cities across Pennsylvania is required
● Minimum of five years’ experience preferred in policy work and/or advocacy
● Proven track record in policy advancement
● Experience lobbying
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
● Proven ability to manage and develop staff
● Strong ability to communicate complex policy issues to a range of audiences
● Experience working in coalition with diverse stakeholders
● Experience in and knowledge of the energy efficiency field preferred
Workplace Policy: KEEA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and hires on merit.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, retirement, and vacation.
To Apply: Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Policy Director in the subject line.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Policy Director in the subject line.