Intern Student Business
Indiana Michigan Power Company in Fort Wayne, IN has an excellent opportunity for students with an interest in project management. As an intern, this position would work in a Project Management Office [PMO] to support and assist various Project Managers, team members and technical staff in project management and project controls related tasks on a $50M annual capital program.
This position will provide an opportunity to gain very valuable job skills and experience in the following areas:
- Cost Analysis – working in complex business systems to extract data, perform analysis, provide variance analysis, and forecasts future costs
- Project Scheduling – learn scheduling concepts used to develop, maintain, update, and analyze complex resource loaded engineering and construction schedules
- Performance Metrics – assist in the development, generation, and analysis of various project and program key performance indicators
- Data Management/Analysis – utilize tools like Microsoft Excel and Business Objects in a business environment to provide ad-hoc analysis to project teams for use in effective decision making
- Working in Project Teams – learn how to function in a project team environment by building relationships, effectively communicating with team members, and integrating/coordinating team activities
- Under direct supervision, utilize business administration principles to perform analytical studies. Provide assistance on projects that involve planning, preparing reports and recommending courses of action. Perform studies, projects and assignments of general scope and/or specifically assigned duties relative to carrying out the functions of the department.
- Assist in the preparation, analysis and interpretation of information and statistical reports as required.
- Conduct special studies, analyses and investigations; record information and prepare graphic and interpretative illustrations.
- Maintain departmental records and prepare statements and reports relating to operating activities; analyze and interpret such records and reports as directed by management.
- Assist in planning, developing and carrying out various programs and special projects.
- Work with other personnel of the department and assist in the performance of their assignments.
- Become familiar with Company organization, departmental functional responsibilities, and group interrelationships.
Completion of freshman or sophomore year in a 4-year business administration, engineering, construction management, or project management program.