DNV GL is the world-leading provider of software for a safer, smarter and greener future in the energy, process and maritime industries. Their solutions support a variety of business critical activities including design and engineering, risk assessment, asset integrity and optimization, QHSE, and ship management. Their worldwide presence facilitates a strong customer focus and efficient sharing of industry best practice and standards.
DNV GL - Software is seeking an Intern to assist in a transformational project creating a web-and-cloud based solution and share technical knowledge learned at the university level with their team of experts. This position is based in their office in Mechanicsburg, PA, is expected to last 12 weeks and will pay $16/hour with no additional benefits provided.
- Depending on educational background and experience, this may involve any of the following software development lifecycle activities - user requirements specification, system analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, etc.
- Assist software development staff in the use of new software development technologies and practices
- Assist project management by providing informed design and/or effort estimates as needed
- Must be able to adhere to departmental standards and assist in best-practices evolution as needed
- Must be able to adhere to attendance policy and work within product development timelines
- Advise team regarding new software development and computer industry trends
- Practice and promote professional software development practices
- Communicate and function efficiently within a team environment
- Interface proactively and professionally with subject-matter-experts in order to obtain requirements and scope guidance
- Report time and task status consistently and reliably
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Working knowledge of one or more .NET development languages (e.g. C#.NET, VB.NET) a plus
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to educate others on their knowledge and expertise
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening