We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
This role provides architectural design support on project teams. A Designer is expected to be on a professional path towards licensure as an Architect. Will be exposed to multiple tasks encompassed in an architect’s responsibilities. Perform independently on most tasks or even portions of a project and acquire a strong foundation of understanding across all aspects of the role.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Utilize Revit in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Provide early phase design visualization support.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, sections and details.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of building codes, energy codes, and requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the coordination of building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation including clash detection within the BIM model.
- Coordinate with external consultants with awareness of quality and progress of work.
- Contribute to project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of building systems and materials.
- Assist with bidding and construction administration phase tasks and processes.
- Communicate and work effectively with other members of the production team.
- Degree in support of an Architectural license required (accredited Master's degree or 5 year Bachelor's degree).
- Pursuit of Architectural license is required as well as ability to meet NCARB requirements for licensure.
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred.
- Skilled in use of Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Studio Max, Rhino.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Desire and ability to grow in technical competence. Ability to faithfully execute and support design ideas through well-conceived, constructible, and coordinated detailing.
- Basic knowledge of accessibility and building codes.
- Design-focused, team player, flexible, responsible, organized, rigorous thinker, committed to high quality, personable with strong communication skills. Open minded and curious.
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.