M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and
disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
Engineering Internship positions are available in the following divisions within M.C. Dean:
Automation & Controls
- Services include (but not limited to): Human Machine Interface information layout and presentation, Software development and testing, Programmable Logic Controls (PLC), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA)
- Provides manufacturing related services for process control systems that include professional consulting to turnkey installations
Security & Electronic Systems
- Provides turnkey Electronic Security Systems (ESS) solutions, specializing in a wide array of services and systems
- Includes conceptualization, planning, design, integration and implementation, as well as acceptance testing and follow-on support for; intrusion detection, access control systems, and closed-circuit television systems, through certification and accreditation
- Routinely designs, installs, and maintains Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) electronic security systems
Integrated Systems Engineering
- Cross-disciplinary approach allows for state of the art delivery of integrated security, C4ISR, and communications systems for commercial and government clients worldwide
- Services include: Network systems, data services, audio visual systems, intelligence centers, mission-supporting administrative offices, etc.
Engineering and Construction
- Specializes in engineering and design, computer networking, cost analysis, and project management for complex electrical distribution systems
- Services include: Power design specifications, Commissioning testing and implementation, CADD/illustration, schematics, as-built configuration management
Product Solutions Architecture (Software Development)
- Create and analyze 3D REVIT models of electrical, telecommunication, fire alarm, security systems
- Development of mobile, desktop applications and web services
- Interfacing with computer-controlled equipment and embedded systems
- Projects involve multiple software platforms and APIs, as well as industry-leading engineering tools such as Autodesk Revit, Inventor, and AutoCAD to name a few.
Transportation / Mass Transit
- Development and design of complex mass transit / infrastructure systems including light rail, mega rail, streetcar, and others
- Unites various technical disciplines such as Automation, Power, Telecommunications, Security Systems, Networking Communications, and Systems integration
- Advanced telecommunication services and solutions that include voice, video, and data systems
- Services includes: Fiber optic communications, network security, RCDD Engineering and consulting, Fiber Optics, and network management
Service & Critical Support
- Reliability centered, preventive and predictive maintenance
- Full Life-cycle (design, build, operate, and maintain) expertise and capabilities