Communications and Policy Intern
The Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance is a non-profit trade association representing 50 businesses and nonprofits working on energy efficiency in Pennsylvania. KEEA’s sister organization, the KEEA Energy Education Fund (KEEF) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation, with the mission of increasing the energy efficiency of Pennsylvania’s buildings through education and awareness and training. KEEA works dynamically across numerous fronts to promote energy efficiency; KEEA advocates for policy on the city and state levels, leading public education programs, and organizing awards and conferences. KEEA works to support this growing industry that includes manufacturers, building contractors, energy auditors, attorneys, bankers, and engineers.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for our mission and the energy industry to support our team. This is a unique opportunity to gain skills and experience that have value in non-profit communications, but also to achieve a strong start in a growing and critical industry, at a historic time in our country’s energy policy landscape.
Seeking current undergraduate or recent graduate. Ideal candidate has demonstrated interest in environmental studies/energy policy and/or the clean energy field. Excellent writing, editing, and time management skills are a must. Be team-oriented, willing to take ownership of tasks from concept through completion, someone who derives satisfaction from doing things well, professional in interactions with our members, an active listener, as well as enthusiastic about learning new things.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in event and speaker coordination and outreach for KEEA’s annual fall conference of over 200 energy professionals from energy policy, law, engineering, utilities, finance, government, construction and regulation.
- Research and reporting on new communications projects.
- Assist in implementation of a new CRM.
- Create content on KEEA policy projects and actions for our website’s news blog, and other web projects as needed.
- Utilize social media to increase our public appearance by posting energy efficiency policy, news, events, facts, etc.
- Other policy and communications-related duties as needed.
The intern will be asked to commit to 8-15 hours a week. Days and times are flexible.
**This opportunity is only open to students of the University of Pennsylvania.