Bloomberg New Energy Finance Intern
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength- delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately- is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is seeking a talented, highly-motivated intern to join our analysis team focusing on clean energy economics and environmental commodities in North America. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis relating to solar and wind deployment, power markets, and renewable energy credits (RECs) throughout the US.
The individual will work alongside our energy research team in New York. Examples of work areas include (but are not limited to):
- Publishing written research on wind, solar, power and REC markets and other topics.
- Quantitative analysis using and building Excel-based models and datasets. This includes forecasting REC supply-demand fundamentals; investigating renewable project economics; and conducting policy and regulatory research.
- Conversing with clients and prospects of BNEF's Americas Insight services; sharing findings with stakeholders across the energy sector.
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for the energy sector.
- Exceptional quantitative skills, with strong ability to cut through the noise of large quantities of data, extract and analyze key patterns. (Must be comfortable using Excel and other MS Office applications).
- Exceptional communication skills: writing (for research reports) and speaking (for presentations). Written and spoken English must be excellent.
- Must act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate, ability to work on parallel tasks and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Ability to effectively work on a team with colleagues and clients from different cultures, both face-to-face and remotely, with high degree of professionalism.
- Understanding of energy and/or environmental markets is a strong plus.
- Educational background in natural sciences, engineering, economics, or finance.
Please include a cover letter alongside your resume, briefly describing why you choose to work in the energy sector and what you hope to achieve at Bloomberg New Energy Finance.